Each day it is important that children are 'School Ready', arriving in good time after having a restful night's sleep and healthy nutritious breakfast. That they are wearing the correct school uniform and have the correct equipment for the day ahead, PE Kit, Swimming kit (Y6), Reading Folder(KS1).
Preparing reception children for school.
Children who start the school in the Reception class will be involved in our carefully planned transition activities:
- Starting with the parents meeting the classroom staff at school to receive the starting school pack.
- Then a home visit by the classroom staff to meet the child and discuss the 'Unique Child' form.
- Followed by a school play date where the children come to school with their parent(s) for a fun play session and purchase school uniform items.
- Then a phased start to the school in September, concluding with a meet the teacher evening for parents, to meet the key people at the school.
All of these are so that we can be ready for your child to start school.
There are a number of things that you can do to develop your child's independence and support their learning before they start school. These include helping them so that they can:
- Put on their coat and do up the buttons/zip
- Use the toilet properly, flush after use and wash their hands
- Take care of personal possessions and respect those of others
- Be responsible for tidying up
- Be able to eat lunch independently
- Take turns and share